Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July on the Fruit Loop




Hood River has two main roads to Parkdale. Dee Hwy, where I grew up is on the west side and Hwy 35, where the farm is, on the east. My old friend and school pal, Paul Aubert, just opened a stand on his families land at fruit loop number 17, near Toll Bridge park, high up on the east side. I have flowers there for sale and this weekend between cutting and watering I went there for a wine tasting. It was lovely, Naked Winery out of Hood River is buying grapes from The Dalles, their wine was fine. The cherries at the stand were from The Dalles too, which I haven't heard much about lately except talk of Google's move there. My flowers sat in the windows and made me happy while I tasted pinot noir and merlot, but when trekers came by motorcycle I had to admit to myself that their chances of selling were slim. Oh well, I love Paul and his fruit stand, its worth it.

No comments: